Experts in custom crating solutions since 1976, Sea-Can Containers can product the custom shipping crate that fits your needs. Our resilient custom designs ensure wooden shipping boxes will properly fit with maximum protection for any size product. Sea-Can’s wooden collapsible containers are TDG approved for transporting solid waste.
Available features include: Customized interiors, hinged lids, latched doors, separate compartments, and more.
These crates can be customized in almost any way to meet your needs. We have manufactured crates in lengths ranging from 50 feet to 6 inches.
The Collapsible, Reusable Shipping Crate
Since 1976, Sea-Can Containers has been manufacturing collapsible containers that are Transport Canada Approved, United Nations Approved, and ISO 9001:2008 certified. These containers are also TDG approved for hauling solid waste.
Our signature product line, this collapsible wooden container is a solution to many problems in shipping. It is especially useful for hazardous material, marine transport, and remote locations, such as in the Arctic. The containers keeps goods safe and dry even in Arctic conditions. Our collapsible crates are:
- Safe and efficient
- Environmentally friendly
This collapsible wooden container is the perfect solution to many problems in shipping. It is especially useful for hazardous material transport, for marine transport, and for storage in remote locations. The container keeps goods safe and dry even in Arctic conditions.
4 ft. Sea-Can
- ISO 9001:2008
- Other sizes can be quickly and easily made
- Approximately 53.7 cubic feet
- Collapsible down to a size of less than 16 cubic feet
- Optional durable 6-mil poly liner (designed specifically for standard sizes)
- Used for packaging all types of chemicals, contaminated soils, heavy products, drilling mud, cements.
6 ft. Sea-Can
- ISO 9001:2008
- Transport Canada Approved (Bulk Dangerous Goods)
- UN Approved
- Can also be supplied with and OR RPE 25 liner (designed for contaminated Soil, PCB’s, etc.
- Approximately 85 cubic ft.
- Used extensively for the D.E.W. Line Cleanup Projects
- Can be stacked six high for transport in 20′ or 40′ sea container
- Can be stacked 7 high for highway or barge transport
- Allows in excess of 105 to be loaded an a standard 45′ highboy trailer
- Can withstand the most severe weather conditions of the world including the high arctic
Arctic and Antarctic Shipping
For companies doing business in the Arctic, what gets shipped in, must get shipped out. The Sea-Can is collapsable to reduce empty shipping volume. It is easily disassembled and components used in other applications. Since the Sea-Can is mostly constructed of wood they can also be recycled.
- Bio-degradable components
- Re-usable components
- Collapsable to reduce empty shipping volume
Drilling Mud and Chemical Packaging
At Sea-Can Shipping Containers, we can package your chemical and drilling fluids, or we can provide containers for your project. We also provide packing for Bags, Bulk Totes, Pails, and Barrels. Our Sea-cans have the following advantages:
- ISO 9001:2008 and Transport Canada Approved Containers
- OR-RPE-25 Liners available
- Reduce loss from torn barges, and weather conditions
- Perfect solution for Marine Transport
- Used extensively in Arctic Environments
- Stack containers to reduce storage space
- Excellent for Long-Term Storage
Level Access Loading and Unloading
Because crated contents are difficult to load and unload from above, sometimes it is just easier to have level access to equipment or cargo. Sea-Can Containers’ seacan’s have a sturdy platform for level access and the sides and lid easy to remove without damaging cargo.
Oil and Gas Drilling
Since Drilling Chemicals need to be properly packaged for transport, and have to be kept dry on-site, Sea-Can Containers has a solution.
The 4 ft. Sea-Can is a popular solution for packaging and transporting drilling chemicals. Once drilling chemicals have been packaged in a Sea-Can they can be easily transported by Truck or Barge. Fully loaded Sea-Can’s can be stacked 3 high to save yard space.The Sea-Can is very weather resistant and will keep drilling chemical dry in arctic conditions for years.
- Protects Chemical for years
- Ideal for Marine Transport
- Stackable containers save yard space
Remote Location Crating
Products such as Agroforestry crops and geological samples need to be crated in a remote location. The Sea-Can is can be assembled on remote sites using ratchet strap/tie-downs instead of steel banding. This reduces the cost of transporting empty containers to the site. Once assembled the Sea-Can is sturdy enough to be re-used.
- Bio-degradable container
- Manufactured from replaceable parts
- Less energy to manufacture than comparable steel and plastic containers
- Cost Reduction